Who we are
Not actually ‘we’ as it’s just me – Under The Sun Upcycling is run by Lizzie Pridmore as a sole trader. The website address is https://underthesunupcycling.co.uk and you can contact me at email@example.com.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
The following information may be collected about you, depending on your activity here. Click on the links to jump to the relevant parts of this policy.
- I have cookies! Not the fun edible kind but the tiny text files that make your experience on the Website flow more smoothly and help me to gather anonymised statistics on how people use the website.
- Embedded content – I use embedded content throughout the website, for example from instagram, YouTube, Etsy or Depop – and those third parties may also collect data about you.
- Newsletter subscribers – Mailchimp collects the data you put in the form when you sign up, and also tracks anonymised tracking of email clicks and opens so that I can make the newsletter better.
- Shop viewers & purchasers – for the shop on this website, information is collected that enables you to make a purchase online. If you buy through Etsy or Depop, they have their own privacy policies. Check them out here: Etsy and Depop.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide services, such as to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for the mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
I use Mailchimp to deliver the email newsletters. To do this, I gather the personal data that you enter when you subscribe (your name, if you provide it, and your email address) and collect statistics around email opening and clicks to help monitor and improve the e-mail newsletter. To opt out, you can unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
While you visit my site, I’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: I’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so I can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and to actually send you the order!
When you purchase from me, I’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. I’ll use this information for purposes, such as to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for my shop
- Comply with any legal obligations I have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve my shop offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, I will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
I generally store information about you for as long as I need the information for the purposes for which I collect and use it, and I are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, I will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
I will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
What rights you have over your data
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
That’s all for now – do get in touch if you have any questions or to make a data subject access request. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.